Courses & Programmes
Currently, the Faculty for the Environment and Transdisciplinary Studies of Crossfields Institute International delivers:
The following postgraduate courses are run in cooperation with Alanus University, Bonn, Germany. These courses can be taken as stand alone programmes of study or can be the basis for progression to the MA Philosophy of Social Innovation (see below).
- Postgraduate Certificate (Hochschulzertifikat) Researching Holistic Approaches to Agroecology – this new distance learning course was launched in 2014/2015 and students from all over the world have enrolled to participate in situated research. The course can lead to a Masters degree. For more information go to https://researchingagroecology.org.uk/
- Postgraduate Certificate (Hochschulzertifikat) in Reflective Social Practice The purpose of this blended learning course is to enhance capacity for effective Reflective Social Practice amongst practitioners and their organisations/communities. This course enables you to develop a critical appraisal of dominant models of social change and development (what we may call the technical rational managerialist model); at the same time, the programme will help you develop a deep discipline of learning how to make meaning – of situation and self – beneath the surface, in the midst of ongoing change. Fore more information go here.
- Postgraduate Certificate (Hochschulzertifikat) in Organisational Analysis and Leadership – Whether you work in business, government, education, or in a religious or social setting, ‘making a difference’ today calls for a new kind of imagination and creativity. Organisational Analysis and Leadership draws on a range of frameworks for understanding the reality of the internal and external forces and factors, which influence organisations and institutions in serving their purpose effectively in the wider social and public interest. Systemic, psycho-dynamic, behavioural, theological, and spiritual frameworks are integrated in a distinctive approach which enables effective action to be taken. Fore more information about this programme go here.
Masters Level Study
Graduates of the above postgraduate courses may be eligible to carry on with their studies in order to obtain a full MA (see below);
- MA Philosophy of Social Innovation – This is an Alanus University programme developed and delivered in cooperation with Crossfields Institute.
It aims to transform its participants into creative innovators who can bring about radical change in their organisations and communities and thus serve the need for positive change in the world. This MA is available with three specialisations:
- MA Philosophy of Social Innovations: Organisational Analysis and Leadership
- MA Philosophy of Social Innovations: Reflective Social Practice
- MA Philosophy of Social Innovations: Researching Holistic Agroecology