Bringing Vision to Life
Crossfields Institute is an awarding organisation and higher education institute
Crossfields Institute is an awarding organisation, regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) which regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England and vocational qualifications in Northern Ireland. The Institute is also a charity that exists to develop education inspired by holistic and integrative approaches. We promote education that recognises and serves the potential of each individual. As such, we develop specialised qualifications which, through the integration of knowledge, intellectual challenge and practical skills, aim to facilitate the holistic development of learners.
Our intention is to provide for integrative education that develops learners that can respond to the changing needs of society, who can think creatively, articulate ideas and find new approaches in an increasingly complex world. We also develop employer specific qualifications to support organisational methods and vision.
The Institute is approved to develop Ofqual regulated qualifications in the following sectors:
- Health and Social Care
- Horticulture and Forestry
- Child development and well being
- Teaching and Lecturing
Higher Education Institute
Crossfields Institute International, a subsidiary of the Crossfields Institute, is an approved Higher Education Institute (HEI) that works in partnership with a number of Universities both in the UK and Europe. The Institute also organises annual research conferences with partner Universities and other HEIs, exploring key themes within the field of integrative and holistic education. Crossfields Institute International comprises a Faculty for the Environment and Transdisciplinary Studies, the Grubb School of Organisational Analysis and the Proteus School of Reflective Social Practice.
Currently, the Faculty for the Environment and Transdisciplinary Studies delivers:
- Masters of Science Practical Skills Therapeutic Education (Integrated Professional Development) through a partnership with the University of the West of England (UWE). This MSc was developed for and with a group of specialist colleges, Ruskin Mill Trust, who has pioneered a unique method for providing integrative education and care for people with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- PG Dip leading to MA in Researching Holistic Approaches to Agroecology – this new distance learning access to Masters course was launched in 2014/2015 and students from all over the world have enrolled to participate in situated action research.
- MA Philosophy of Social Innovation – This is an Alanus University programme developed and delivered in cooperation with Crossfields Institute.
It aims to transform its participants into creative innovators who can bring about radical change in their organisations and communities and thus serve the need for positive change in the world.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Reflective Social Practice – Crossfields Institute – in cooperation with Alanus University – is delivering a postgraduate certificate in Reflective Social Practice. It represents an access pathway for students who meet the correct entry requirements for the Alanus University MA Philosophy of Social Innovation.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Organisational Analysis and Leadership – Crossfields Institute – in cooperation with Alanus University – is delivering a postgraduate certificate in Organisational Analysis and Leadership. It represents an access pathway for students who meet the correct entry requirements for the Alanus University MA Philosophy of Social Innovation.